TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF TRADE FOR CRESTGEAR
These Terms and Conditions apply to all our sale of goods contracts. Any order placed with Crestgear Pty Ltd ABN 37 600 060 876 (“we”, “our”, “us” or “Crestgear”) constitutes your (“you” or “your”) agreement to be bound by these terms. Any additional or different terms you stipulate or state in any communication with us (including any order) are hereby objected to and will not bind us unless we agree in writing. No sales representative or agent is authorised by us to give any guarantee, warranty or representation in addition to, or contrary to these conditions. In any event, receipt of goods by you (or another as you direct) upon delivery constitutes your agreement to be bound by these terms.
Crestgear operates as an online sales business through websites that offer a pay with order service. Crestgear does not offer credit accounts, however, we do offer online accounts where customers can maintain their details including billing and delivery addresses. purchase history and order templates.
SALE AND PURCHASE
Your placement of an order with us (“Order”) constitutes an offer by you to purchase goods from us on these terms. The Order is placed when it is submitted to us.
The Order is accepted only when we notify you that we accept your Order. For example, we might notify you that we accept your Order by sending you an e-mail stating this or displaying a confirmation on our website. Delivery of goods constitutes notice of our acceptance of the order.
If we accept the Order, a binding contract between you and us will arise on these terms (the Contract). The Contract may be amended only by written agreement between us and you.
PRICE AND PRICE VARIATION
The prices quoted in our catalogues, price lists and advertising literature are for guidance only. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the contract price of the Goods will be as stated in our price list(s) current on the day of delivery of the Goods. Prices do not include any delivery or administrative surcharges.
Crestgear may adjust any price quoted from time to time and you agree to pay any such adjusted price to take account of variations in the cost to Crestgear of carrying out the whole or any part of the contract arising from any of the following:
- delays in delivery or installation of the Goods or any of them as a result of instructions or lack of instructions from you, your failure or inability to fulfill the obligations under the contract or any action or inaction by you or other circumstances beyond our control;
- variation in the cost of Crestgear acquiring the Goods, directly or indirectly, on account of changes in rates of freight and transport costs, insurance, customs duties, taxes, existing tariff classifications or any variation in currency exchange rates;
- variations in the rates of, or the costs of complying with, all statutory, government or local government or governmental authority charges and obligations; or
- any correction of errors or omissions on the part of Crestgear or any of its representatives.
- Crestgear has the right to impose administrative fees for orders under certain dollar values.
GOODS AND SERVICES TAX
All goods are sold subject to Australian goods & services tax (GST) unless the goods are classified as GST exempt. It is the purchasers obligation to satisfy the requirements of the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) for GST exemption.
The purchase price will be paid electronically to Crestgear at the time of online order. Crestgear accepts Visa, Mastercard, JCB, American Express and Direct Deposit to our NAB Bank Account. In the case of Direct Deposit goods will not be dispatched until the full payment appears in our nominated bank account.
We will deliver the Goods to the address stated in the Order or as agreed by us in writing. Crestgear reserves the right to charge for delivery of the Goods at any time, notwithstanding that it may not have previously done so.
Offers of “Free Delivery and/or Handling” are subject to change at anytime.
We will deliver the Goods by such carrier and such form of transport as we consider to be appropriate.
We will not be responsible for any part delivery or delay in delivery of the Goods. We will not be in any way responsible for any consequences (direct or indirect) arising from such delay or non-delivery.
We will be entitled to charge for and recover from you on demand all costs or loss occasioned by:
a) failure by you to collect or take delivery of the Goods (as the case maybe) as and when agreed to;
b) delay or interruption in the installation of Goods caused or contributed to by any act or omission on your behalf.
Any such costs or loss will include (but not be limited to) the cost of storage, labour, transportation and administration costs at our prevailing commercial rates.
You agree to inform Crestgear in writing within 30 days of the date of invoice if proof of delivery is required. After this period, no liability will lie with Crestgear for proof of delivery.
RETURN OF GOODS
The Goods come with guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes, restricts or modifies:
- the application of any provision of the Australian Consumer Law to the sale of the Goods; or
- the exercise by you of a right conferred by such a provision; or
- any liability of a person for failure by Crestgear to comply with a guarantee that applies under the Australian Consumer Law to the sale of the Goods.
Subject to the above, all conditions and warranties, whether or not implied by law, are excluded from any contract for the sale of the Goods. Details of any manufacturer’s warranty are included with the Goods.
Return of the Goods will only be accepted for credit within 14 days of delivery, unless due to our error. Return freight will be at our cost only when the error is on our part.
No returned Goods will be accepted by us (even if we agree to do so) if they have been tampered with by you or any other person and are not as new, if they are Goods sold on a non-return basis. Where goods are returned to us as above, they will be returned to you at your expense.
TITLE AND RISK
Risk in the goods will pass to you at the time of delivery.
Irrespective of the time when risk in the goods will pass, passing of property and title in the Goods will be determined as follows:
- You hereby acknowledge that the property and title in the Goods will remain with Crestgear until you have made payment in full of the Purchase Price and any other monies owing hereunder.
- Pending payment in full of the Purchase Price and any other monies owing hereunder:
- you will in all cases retain the Goods upon your premises (within the State or Territory of Australia that supply is made) in a manner such that they are readily identifiable as our property, and
- You will not in any way deal with, part with possession or dispose or attempt to deal with, part with possession or dispose of the Goods.
- In the event that you default in payment of the Purchase Price or any other monies owing hereunder or upon the occurrence of any of the events specified herein, Crestgear and its employees or agents will have the right to enter your premises or any other premises where the Goods are known to be stored to repossess the goods, and for this purpose you will grant all reasonable access rights and Crestgear will be entitled to do all things required to secure possession. Upon repossession of any of the goods Crestgear will then be entitled, in its discretion, to resell the Goods to any third party in which case you will not have any action whatsoever against Crestgear for breach of contract or otherwise.
- If you sell or otherwise disposes of the Goods to a third party prior to making payment of the Purchase Price or any other monies owing hereunder, Crestgear will be entitled to so much of the proceeds of such sale equivalent to the amount of monies owing to Crestgear by you.
- In addition to the payment of any other monies payable by you to Crestgear under this agreement, we will be entitled to charge for and recover from you on demand all costs, loss or damage incurred by us in exercising any of our rights herein, including, but not limited to, the cost of storage, transportation and administration costs at our prevailing commercial rates.
YOUR LIABILITY AND DEFAULT
- fail to make any payment due under the contract or commit any other breach of any of your obligations under the contract; or
- suffer execution under any judgement; or
- commit an act of bankruptcy; or
- make any composition or arrangement with any creditor; or
- being a company, pass a resolution for winding up or have a receiver appointed over any of its property or have a winding up petition presented against it,
Crestgear (in addition to any other remedies hereby or by statute conferred) may treat the contract as terminated and any part of the Purchase Price then unpaid, together with any other monies owing hereunder, whether or not due under the terms of the contract will immediately become due and payable. Any such termination will be without prejudice to any claim or right we may otherwise possess.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Where the Goods or any services we supply under the Contract are not goods or services of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption, then our liability (if any) for failure to comply with a guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law (other than, in respect of the Goods, a guarantee as to title, a guarantee as to undisturbed possession or a guarantee as to undisclosed securities, charges or encumbrances) is limited, so far as the Australian Consumer Law allows and at our option:
- in the case of the Goods, to repair or replace the Goods or supply of equivalent goods (or paying the cost of any of these); or
- in the case of any Services supplied by us, to supplying the services again (or paying the cost of having the services supplied again).
The contract will be governed by the law of the State of Queensland and the Commonwealth of Australia.
You may not assign the Contract unless you have obtained our prior written consent to do so.
If any term of the Contract is found to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the remainder of the Contract, which will continue in full force and effect.
All notices under the Contract must be in writing. Notices can be given in person, by fax, by post or by e-mail, to an address or number detailed in the Order. If a notice is sent by post, it will be taken to have been received on the day of posting. Any changes to notice details must be notified in writing.
Crestgear reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time.